style. individuality. pin-ups and teddy boys. art. shoes. avant-garde. colour. print.

'it's all make believe, isn't it?'

15.12.10

Body of Work 2006

a look back to some of my older work, these are 3 of the 10 large mixed media paintings i submitted for my visual arts body of work (charcoal, watercolour, soft pastels and acrylic paint on hot press paper). my art has changed in many ways since then but i would love to return to the intensity and emotion of these images. this was a time when i painted for myself without worrying about the consequences, i took risks, painted nudes in a super conservative environment (where i was the nude model because no one would pose for me) and found much success with full marks from my school and was nominated for art express (but was not chosen because of the content of my work). Not just that, these really are a documentation of my past, these paintings show my coming of age. they are highly emotional and mean the world to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment